The Podere La Berta Craft Beer Project
Podere La Berta Craft Beer is the project that unites two territories, Tuscany and Romagna, to discover the great classic brewery styles and at the same time seek new trends, without forgetting the profound agricultural and wine-making culture of the territories from which we come.
PLB Craft Beers are the ideal marriage between written history and history yet to be made, between passion for crafting and imbibing in a good beer sitting at the bar of a pub, during a football match in autumn mud, or on a surf-lapped beach.
The brewery, situated in the splendid setting of the Azienda Agricola Fèlsina di Castelnuovo Berardenga, is housed in an old barn refurbished to host the work of our brewers and, in the future, the guests who will want to come visit us.
The production zone is subdivided into three areas: Traditional Production, Wood Cellar, Bottling and Refermentation.
Traditional Production Plant
- Cooking Room 2 vats (Boil, Whirlpool + Mash, Lautering) ECOBREWTECH 1200lt
- 2 Conical fermenters ISO 22hl
- 3 Conical fermenters ISO 12hl
- 2 Flat-bottomed fermenters ISO 22hl
- 1 Hop Cannon ISO 250hl
- Isobaric bottling machine
- Temperature-controlled refermentation room
- Cold room for storing kegs
Wood Cellar (to be updated)
- Traditional flat-bottomed fermenter 22hl
- Manual 6-beak bottling machine
- Tap Room & Beer Garden (coming soon)
Birra dell’Anno 2021: 2° posto per la Vècc di Podere La Berta, nella categoria Saison, Biere de Garde, Farmhouse Ale
Cibus 2021 | 31 Agosto – 3 Settembre, Parma
Bronze Medal for PLB Beer Vecc Barrel Aged, category Wood/Barrel Aged (Less than 10 ABV)